Thursday 4 February 2016

New Eclectica Lin Brown stamps at PaperArtsy!

Hi everyone, it's the new product launch this week of  PaperArtsy goodies and tonight it's the turn of the wonderfully talented Lin Brown. I've long admired Lin's work and guess what...I got to play with her new stamps as I have the honour of being one of her wingmen for this release! Firstly enjoy a video from Leandra (Mrs PaperArtsy) showcasing all the new goodies and samples. Eek!


Well I think we all went sample crazy because the stamps and stencils were so easy to work with so I'm sharing the ingredients of mine over 2 posts, 4 tonight and the remainder tomorrow. It's a long photo heavy post so make yourself comfortable.


I just had to make something using this magnificent flower head as the focal point, combine that with my love of using textiles and Rusty Bloom was born. Here are the ingredients.


I sprayed teabag paper with LSG sprays before stamping the image with glue and sprinkling with rusting powder. A vinegar and water mix was then sprayed on to the image to rust it. Lastly a little glue brushed on before adding bonding powder and some wow fab foil in gold and copper.


The image was stitched onto book page and good old fashioned mulberry paper from my stash.


To finish, leafy images were stamped onto a piece of hessian and then grunge paste spread through one of the new stencils before some dry brushing with paint.


Next up I've used the delightful Daisy plate


It was time to get my 3 x 5 Gelli plate out mounted on an acrylic block and using the paints and stencils stamped onto card and fabric. Further stamping with archival inks created the background above.


The daisy reminded me of the flower Rudbekia which has gorgeous claret petals so I stamped onto crunchy wax Kraft paper to create the bloom. Love the font on the sentiment too.

The printed fabric was used as a base for a couple of atc's.


The fabric was further enhanced with stencilling, stitching and a little glitter. Loved the colour palette we were given to work with, all warm brown tones.

Last up tonight are the Lilies, these were stamped and embossed onto more of the Gelli plate print card and further shaded with pencil crayons.  


It has a crackle background with additional stamping and another new stencil with some further shading. I seem to have gone stitching mad as well!


I was over the moon when Lin asked me to be one of her wingmen along with the very talented Hazel Agnew and Karen Eaglesham. Please hop across and see all the fabulous samples on the PaperArtsy blog and check out all the weeks releases.....and hope you can pop back tomorrow when I'll be sharing my remaining projects.

Thanks as always for stopping by and I hope it goes a little way in explaining my absence of late.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Ruth for being part of my team this evening. I really appreciate all your hard work in creating such gorgeous samples for the PaperArtsy blog. I'm so pleased that you posted details of the sample with the rusting powder, I've been trying to figure out how you did that one!!! Thank you again. Lin xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous samples, Ruth - it's clear you were inspired by Lin's amazing new stamps and stencils. Each one of these is beautifully done, and I'm looking forward to more tomorrow!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your samples Ruth. Must look out for tea bag papers, what a great idea. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, these are stunning! Love the tea bag layer with the burlap and the cards are each fantastic! Beautiful new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaw droppingly beautiful samples Ruth! I'm blown away by them all and what a fabulous job you and the rest of Lin's team have done to showcase her latest new release for PaperArtsy. I think these have to be my favourites, especially that glorious lily!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all your samples, Ruth! Have blown the budget tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ruth, you have been busy and what fabulous samples you have made! Stunning each one of them! I really look forward to tomorrow now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exquisite work, Ruth!! I love them all, and you've showcased Lin's newest products beautifully! Looking forward to tomorrow! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both beyond stunning, Ruth! What a beautiful way to showcase Lin's new products! I am totally blown away by those beauties! Hugs! Branka x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous cards Ruth, I watched the video with Leandra, thank you for the link !!
    You used the wonderful materials stunningly, with stencils, and stamps. I love the rusting and gold, and your soft way of coloring after !!
    Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my third attempt to send my wishes Ruth! Think that your samples are amazing and you are one talented lady! Never heard of teabag paper and need some! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Ruth! What fabulous examples! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ruth, thank you for sharing your absolutely beautiful designs using the new stamps and stencils. As a result of this I have succumbed and ordered them! I simply couldn't resist... I have been looking for some decent flower stamps for a while now, and seeing what you have done with them makes me realise just how much potential there is in these. Really looking forward to getting stuck in and experimenting!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of them are just fabulous - the hessian piece is beautiful - I love the gilding highlights on the flower head and the hint of the mulberry paper just adding that dash of colour. You've done a fantastic job in showing those stamps at their absolute best!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.