Sunday 11 May 2014

'Tiny Tin'

Liesbeth Fidder gave a wonderful tutorial of an altered sewing tin here on the PaperArtsy blog this week. It inspired me to have a go at altering a tiny tin that I have.


It's about 6cm or just under 2.5 inches across. I took pictures of the tins post burning on the kitchen hob, worked really well (Hazels tip, thank you). And yes I have another one I have other plans for now.


 I've used a mixture of 3 sets of sewing themed stamps that I have as I don't have any of the PA themed ones. Forgot to take any more photos until complete but the steps are virtually the same just with some adaptations because the tin is round, smaller and deeper than the original and presented a few challenges.


Inside the lid with a few tiny additions to add dimension and mirror the base.


The mini spool and glass vial add some depth, the spool has been aged with fresco paints and some treasure gold 'onyxite' used to age the shiny sewing machine and the prima metal embellishment on the lid.


The material was frayed and then scrunched up under the motifs and buttons as I realised that circles of fabric don't fray in a circle (!)...but I like the effect and I used a couple of layers of cruchy waxed paper to give more dimension.


I'm entering this in the PaperArtsy weekly challenge. Quite enjoyed producing a dinky something which is now sitting on my shelf not taking up much room....and that's always a bonus!

14 comments:

  1. ohhh this is adorable, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute tin, love the stamps and the colours you have used! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely,such attention to detail.

    Donna.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks amazing Ruth & so beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is enchanting Ruth! Love all the details, and love that you burnt it!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, love the layers of embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow and wow. Amazing. Love, love , love it!!. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your lovely comments, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your altered tin looks glorious Ruth! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your tin looks amazing Ruth ! Lovely ! :-D
    Liesbeth X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow wow wow absolutely awesome little tin it's so adorable. I love how you have decorated it, so many little details, amazing :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautifully decorated and embellished little tin Ruth. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are really very creative lady and I love your work! Best wishes from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.