Thursday 17 September 2015

Just blue

Hi everyone, firstly thanks for still following me when I've been such an absent visitor of late..... I'd really hoped to spend some leisurely time catching  up with all your lovely posts whilst we were away last week but alas only GPRS available, so I'm just as behind as ever....sorry!
I managed to have some messy play though and for the first time in a few months I'm posting something that isn't for a DT. I've just been messing about with scraps and fibres and glazes to create some texture and not overthink things...a little less structured, no pictures or main image...which is out of my comfort zone but I like the result. Think it's the Inspiration Wednesday influence!


Blue? I always thought I didn't really have a favourite colour palette and used most colours in turn but when discussing with a good friend she thought I didn't use blue much, so my 'just blue' challenge to myself  really came from her. No step by steps.....and yes I did check which colours I use most. I was surprised to find it's browns and neutrals...but I do have quite a few blue items in my collection as well!
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, I really do appreciate it. Ruth x

18 comments:

  1. I am with you on this self challenge and am adding this to my art to-do list. Your use of the color blue and the white space is genius and so awesome sauce! I absolutely love this spread. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Ruth.. We get so caught up in commitments and regular challenges that we often run out of time to just play.. your blue spread is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pages Ruth ! It's great to do something just for yourself, it soothes the creatives soul. I hadn't given any thought to your usual colour palette, but I like to be comfortable with what I'm using so use whatever makes you happy! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning pages Ruth, fantastic composition with all those textural elements and those blue tones are so beautiful, - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous pages Ruth - I love the colour palette and composition. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pages Ruth. Your mention of the fact that there is no focal image made me think....I cant remember making anything that didnt have a focal image or item so tha in itself would be a challenge for me, lol! You definitely managed a gorgeous result though!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the subtle colour layers achieved with the glazes, and the abstract composition of the textured scraps is wonderful. Really love these pages, Ruth - how lovely that you got some time to just play!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab texture and funnily enough I don't use blues much....a lot of green though ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all your layers - fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is visually very satisfying Ruth! Wonderful that you just got to play! Wonderful balance! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely Ruth, so calming to look at, eyes not darting to find something to centre on, just grazing gently across the page looking at the hidden details - love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful, Ruth. It reminds me of the views of the shipyard we had from a place we used to live - I loved it in all its moods, but especially when it was bathed in sea mist, with the angular shapes of the cranes rising from the industrial landscape. So atmospheric!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautifully zen and soothing. You should frame this. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ruth, gorgeous journal page. Lovely calming colours and great layering. Have a great week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Ruth - This is a lovely, ethereal spread...... sorry for not visiting earlier - I am obviously behind my own self, lol! Hope to have more time in the coming month.... xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ruth, The texture is exquisite and the colours so soothing to view.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  17. What stunning pages, Ruth, such gorgeous texture, with both papers and fabrics , and so lovely coloured in the same blue tones, and fantastic with the "loose" threads and other bits I can`t see what is, but which gives a very special feeling to your spread.
    Wonderful !!
    Dorthe, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the simplicity. xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.