Sunday 18 January 2015

'Fragile Papers'

The first challenge of 2015 over on the PaperArtsy blog is 'fragile papers'. There seems to have been a lot of interest in the new format of the challenge and I'm hoping I'll be able to join in with a few more this year. Well I love fragile papers and as you can see I've been inspired by Leandra's box canvas and just adapted what I had.


I seem to have used very similar colours, I started off with blues and greens and the intention of adding in some brown, but at some stage a touch of lilac appeared.


This is my selection of fragile papers and the piece I used is some tissue wrap form some boots of my daughters, seemed perfect for the challenge and I just scrunched it up to add some texture.


The covered 7 x 5 canvas and the painted tissue paper (which is what  I wanted to have a go at). The stamps I used were EEV02/06/07/10. ELB01 & ESN10.


This was my first attempt, not sure what went wrong, but I think it's difficult to see where you've brayered when your tissue is on a craft mat and I think I just over worked it. I couldn't stamp on it but it's not going to waste because I love the distressed look of it!


The layered effect on the flower.

Some of the details.




As always thanks for stopping by.

23 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth, it turned out great even if a spot of lilac did find it's way in - hehehe - Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING Ruth, love all the textures and the colours are sublime, i REALLY REALLY love your fragile paper canvas :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your distressed creased background Ruth. Finished piece is absolutely delightful. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous layers and textures Ruth, I'm completely in love with this design!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, Ruth! I love the background, and the tulip looks like stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Ruth,love that colour combo and the textures are amazing too,beautifully made
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks perfect Ruth! You didn't go wrong anywhere! And the texture on the tissue BG is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't really see much lilac but what I can see is a gorgeous canvas with absolutely wonderful embellishments - the flower is stunning and I love the butterfly. Love this! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Ruth, such a wonderful fragile paper make, absolutely love this, it looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Ruth. I love your papers too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous details and 3d effect Ruth...love that flower!!!
    Greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks beautiful Ruth, love the colour combination.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely stunning Ruth!! Your layered flower is amazing and the aquas and golds go so well together against that fabulous tissue background! What a great make!! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This works beautifully Ruth! Sorry not been visiting much, been away so just catching up on everything. Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh it's gorgeous Ruth, that flower is lush!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful, Ruth... The fragile papers for both the background and the flower are delicious, and I love the colours, even with the hint of lilac!! Wonderful re-working of Leandra's inspiration.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning work with fragile papers Ruth and your layered flower is delicate and so pretty.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a wonderful canvas Ruth! the combination of colors is magical ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh this is gorgeous - I LOVE your printed tissue paper.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the tissue too Ruth and I also love the whole canvas! Very pretty colour combo and the flower is stunning.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. On a massive catch up and can't believe I missed this! Ruth this is stunning! Love the way you have layered that flower! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is a fantastic piece Ruth, -the tissue paper looking so beautifully fragile, and the wonderful flower in it sspool holder. I love your colour choices ,too- what a great canvas.
    Dorthe xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. An ingenious and stunning make here Ruth. Love it! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.