Thursday 28 August 2014

'Autumn Fashion'

Over at Crafty Individuals the challenge this month is Autumn Fashion. Looking at the stamps I have I decided to use CI306 and use the dress form for hanging my autumn fashion on. I've made a trio of tags which I am entering in the challenge.


 I stamped the vintage dress form in black and clear embossed it, then set about creating my retro fashion outfits.


I've used 2 colours of luminarte silk glazes on old book text, tissue tape and the scraps of material left over from my journal post a few weeks ago.


Stamped fabric bodice and pleated text paper skirt...lovely sheen from the silk glazes.


Fabric panelled skirt and tissue tape bodice.


Finally text paper bodice and then a ruffled tissue tape skirt. I had to use a pin to help me pleat the tape! The stamped image isn't very big, so dressing the form was quite fiddly. It reminded me of dressing paper dolls when I was little, well crafting is play time to me so it was fun! They are mounted on some Kraft tags which I dry brushed some of the silk glaze onto.
I thought I could use them as they are or as a main image on a card. As always thanks for stopping by.

19 comments:

  1. Ruth, these are beautiful! I love you created the dress skirts. So fun and creative!
    I love your blog. You create such wonderful things! I don't want to miss any, so I became a follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is soooooo clever! I simply adore how your dressed your dress forms, brilliant with the ruffled book paper!!! I can see a winner coming on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theses are stunning,I love the clothes you have made.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful Ruth,they look like you had a lot of fun making them. What a great idea as well,you are very clever :))

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dresses! Your colors are cool, too = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. A box maker, a technique person and now a FASHION DESIGNER!!! Love them all... great flair with them all... very uniquely created Ruth... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely dresses and great work!!
    Thanks for joining in CI challenge!
    Bises,
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so beautiful Ruth, I love the clothes you created for the wonderful dress forms! Really, really beautiful! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are so lovely, love the ruffles of papers for the dresses, so clever detailing, thanks for joining us at Crafty Individuals
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning tags Ruth - loving the textures and your black lines around the outside. Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These tags are fabulous Ruth , thanks for your kind remarks on my blog, now following you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Fantastico" Ruth...love,love how you made the dresses..just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tags. I dream about bookmarks look like yours tags.Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely collection of dresses! I admire the patience you took to create the fiddly pleats...

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow these are simply sensational .... perfection plus, love the textile details xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ruth these are gorgeous , the detail is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely autumnal dimensional fashion creations!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ruth, nearly missed these and they are gorgeous, been a bit busy Lol!
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  19. The whole set is wonderful, love your idea and this fashion project!! Thanks for entering this in Jean's challenge at Crafty Individuals. Warmly, Coco x

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.