Tuesday 20 May 2014

Frilly and Funkie Challenge...Art

This submission is definitely inspired by Sue Carringtons 'Home' piece HERE on the 'Words,Words,Words challenge, I think it fits into funkie but not sure it fits into shabby chic/ vintage?...anyway I was inspired by the wonderful crackle finish and colours of the original piece.


I hadn't used my Wendy Vecchi crackle finish, so thinking that you don't need much I spread it very thinly and instead of lovely large crackles, I got very a very fine crazed effect (not complaining though).


Just meant I needed to go in a different direction.


I'd originally thought I'd make a lovely crackle frame with maybe a couple of embellishments and a word in the middle but I did struggle with trying to show the lovely crazed texture without it looking too plain or totally hidden by embellishments. I made some textured butterflies but they will be used for something else now as they just didn't look right. In the end I picked an open stamp and simple chunky letters. For the background to the words I've used the Wendy Vecchi translucent paste spread over the TH 'shatter' stencil. I'm happy with the finished piece and very impressed with the WV pastes! I was going to say it's not my usual style but I am beginning to think it's quite eclectic anyway! Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Ruth,the colours are blended so well. Did you heat the paste to crackle it?

    Donna.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, thanks for the lovely comments you leave. The paste crackles as it dries, don't know if you can speed the process up with heat but the thin layer I did dried within an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fine crackle you've created there - definitely a happy accident! Gorgeous colours too...

    Thanks so much for your lovely comment about my dragonflies over at OCC - much appreciated.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth. I love your crackle technique using Wendy's crackle paste. Beautiful colors and blending. I also love the leaves stamped in black and the white pen dots. Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog as well. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you on taking Sue's inspiration and running with it for this. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project Ruth and I'm so pleased I've given you inspiration to join us for this challenge at Frilly and Funkie. I think the crackled finish is fantastic ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous canvas. I love the fine crackles and the wonderful blending of colour that showcase your word and the great leaves. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.